Your home’s kitchen is a dynamic space that accommodates a wide range of tasks in order to optimize your daily tasks. The intended purpose of your kitchen space will have a major impact on the modern lighting fixtures and flooring options, like engineered wood or luxury vinyl tile, that you’ll choose for your kitchen renovation.
The Shelby Design Center is here to provide expert advice and assistance through every part of the process. Kitchen remodeling isn’t easy. Our experienced lighting and flooring design team are here to help you minimize the stress and guesswork.
As the premier design center in Shelby Township, we take a holistic approach to design, ensuring your lighting and flooring work well in tandem.
Your kitchen is the heart of your home. So whether you are an experienced cook, love to entertain guests, or are simply looking to make your kitchen beautiful, comfortable, and functional, our team is here for you.
When you’re ready to create the kitchen of your dreams, stop by our lighting and flooring showroom in Shelby Township. We look forward to meeting you!
Getting kitchen lighting just right is trickier than it seems at first. Getting adequate lighting for the various tasks you’ll carry out in the kitchen, as well as ensuring the areas that get the most foot traffic are adequately lit, can be tough.
The size of your space is a key factor in determining how much kitchen lighting is truly needed. While flush-mount fixtures are ideal for providing the general lighting needed to illuminate the area, you can benefit from a wide range of other lighting fixtures to optimize the kitchen. From chandeliers to pendants, our lighting store has everything you might need.
In order to get the most out of your kitchen lighting there’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose lights that complement the entire design of your entire home. If you have modern interior design features, an ornate traditional chandelier may not be the best choice for your home. Instead, opt for something with a contemporary feel which will go well with clean architectural lines.
- Get a dimmer on everything you can. Having a dimmer is a key component in setting the mood and tone for your kitchen. This is especially true when it comes to your ambient and task lighting, but top designers even recommend having a dimmer on your under cabinet lighting when possible.
- Keep natural light in mind. It’s important to use natural lighting to your advantage in your kitchen lighting. As a powerful source of ambient lighting during the day, keep in mind how much natural lighting affects your kitchen and whether or not you’re going to be filtering this light with window treatments. Keeping this in mind will allow your task and accent lighting to fall into line nicely.
In order to complete your kitchen remodel, re-doing your flooring is an absolute must. Before you even decide on flooring types, you’ll want to ask yourself what you want out of your kitchen floor. Figuring out where the following things fall in your list of priorities will help you narrow down your options.
- Maintenance: How difficult will your new flooring option be to clean? The kitchen is the area in the house that most spills are likely to occur. Having an easy-to-clean floor will lead to far fewer headaches down the line.
- Aesthetics: The simple fact is… looks count! The right floor for your kitchen will really pull your entire design together. It’s a key component of creating the mood you want, whether it’s luxurious or homey.
- Cost: Keep the entirety of your remodeling budget in mind. Premium options may look the nicest, but cheaper flooring may check all the boxes and still be aesthetically pleasing.
- Durability: Flooring remodels are costly. Choosing the right flooring option for your unique needs and situation can make decades of difference for the life of your flooring. Having a flooring option that’ll stand the test of time will save you thousands over the life of your home.
Here’s one example. While hardwood flooring is a timeless, beautiful option that can last for years if properly cared for, it is also almost certainly the most expensive flooring choice. It also has lower resistance to water and heat, things that are found in abundance in the kitchen.
Our flooring design team can help you ask the right questions and, based on your priorities, select the best flooring option for you.
Your Brand New Kitchen Is Just Around The Corner
From under cabinet lighting to cooking pot holders and more, our design store has the perfect products to match your unique style.
Browse our selection of stunning lighting products or stop by our lighting store in Shelby to begin! You can even contact us online to set up an appointment time.