Enhance Your Michigan Home with Our Flooring Store in Shelby Township
For many homeowners, it can be difficult to find the perfect choice of flooring material to take their interior aesthetics to the next level. From hardwood flooring options to a long line of carpet suppliers, you may not even know where to begin! It’s important to find the right type of flooring for your home, and it can prove just as beneficial to work with your local flooring store for help. The Shelby Design Center is here to provide top-notch assistance for your home renovations, delivering the best selection of products with our comprehensive service.
Our expansive flooring showroom in Shelby Charter Township highlights the largest selection of flooring products to provide the best possible solution for your home or business. By supplying a wide range of materials and styles, we aim to deliver the highest level of satisfaction possible to our customers. Laminate flooring is one material that has gained more popularity over the years due to its cost-effective price and easy installation requirements. Our flooring consultants are here to help you every step of the way!
What is Laminate Flooring?
Between laminate, vinyl, and engineered hardwood flooring, many consumers are not sure what the differences are and which material can work best for their Michigan home. Laminate flooring is one attractive option that consists of planks that provide enhanced visual benefits for your floors. Modern technology has helped to make this product more durable and reliable than ever, delivering long-term results that are sure to impress house guests and inhabitants alike. In order to provide the most durability, laminate flooring is composed of four materials:
- A backing layer consists of plastic or paper and serves to balance the plank, working as a moisture barrier while also improving floor stability.
- An inner core that is included to create a moisture-resistant layer to protect your floors. This layer is often composed of medium-density fiberboard (MDF) or high-density fiberboard (HDF), both consisting of wood fibers that are combined with glue and resin for stability.
- A pattern layer serves to create the flooring’s aesthetics, providing visual patterns that serve to enhance your space. New improvements have helped to make this layer more realistic than ever, serving as a “textured photograph” to match the depth and grain you are looking for.
- Finally, a wear layer is added on top to protect the laminate planks from damages. Normally consisting of a durable clear coat, the wear layer on your floors will protect your floors while also providing a glossy shine.
Benefit from Quality Laminate Flooring
Modern flooring products such as laminate flooring can provide a number of benefits to your home. This material has gained in popularity over the years for many reasons, with a few of the following being the most common:
- Affordability: Laminate flooring can save you a lot of money when compared to the cost of natural hardwood floors. Laminate comes in a wide range of prices for consumers with all sizes of budgets.
- Durability: Laminate is a strong material that is designed to hold up to normal wear and tear. Your product will be able to hold up better to drops, spills, and more.
- Easy installation: With interlocking technology, laminate planks are easy to install when compared to other flooring materials. You can click your pieces together to create a durable, beautiful floating floor.
- Versatility: Consumers can find a style for nearly every home need when it comes to laminate flooring. You can find patterns for wood, tile, and even stone, with more and more design choices being released every year.
- Maintenance: No special tasks are needed here, as sweeping and mopping are done when needed for a long-term shine that doesn’t quit.
When properly installed in your home, laminate flooring can succeed in providing long-term protection and quality. This material aims to strike the perfect balance between quality and cost-effectiveness, delivering amazing results for your Michigan property. If you’d like to learn more about laminate, be sure to stop by our lighting showroom in Shelby Township today. The Shelby Design Center strives to be your one-stop design destination for all of your home’s needs. Contact us today online or call us at 581-218-3312 for help in planning your home flooring project!